- Log in to Free App Analytics.
- Select the desired Account and App.
- Select Analytics > Events Volume.
Analytics Page Tools
For more information on the tools available for this Analytic Page such as the date field, exporting device IDs, sharing the page and applying Cohorts and filters, refer to our Analytics Page Tools support documentation.
Events Volume Chart Overview
The Events Volume Chart is divided into 3 main sections which are event names, the graphical display of event volume and the event totals for the selected time frame.
Mousing over any event within the graphical display of event volume will display the data associated with the corresponding day/week/month.
NOTE: When leveraging Cross App functionality, the event data that is consistent between each app of the App Name filter will be displayed within the Events Volume. For more information about adding apps using the filter feature, refer to our Analytics Page Tools support documentation.
A. Event Names
B. Graphic Display of Events Volume
C. Mouseover Data
D. Event Totals
Events within the Events Volume display can be organized in many different ways in order to assist in the optimization of data visualization.
- From the Split By drop-down menu, Select one of the following:
- Network Key
- Traffic Verification
- Locate the desired Event and click the Event Expand Button.
NOTE: In order to use the App split by feature, the desired apps must be added utilizing the filter feature. For more information about adding apps using the filter feature, refer to our Analytics Page Tools support documentation.
NOTE: The post-install events that are available within this section of the Split By menu are determined by the events setup for tracking. For more information about creating and configuring events, refer to our Post-Install Event Creation and Configuration support documentation.
(see iOS 14+ restrictions)
NOTE: For more information about how the Partner fields map to SAN metadata, please refer to our SAN Networks Campaign Data Mapping support documentation.
A. Events organized by Campaign
B. Campaigns Event has occurred in
C. Mouseover Data
Organize by Interval
Intervals within the Events Volume display can be organized to display specific windows of time.
- From the Interval drop down menu, Select one of the following:
A. Interval organized by Weeks
B. Intervals within Date Range
C. Mouseover Data
Churn is the rate at which customers install an app and shortly afterwards abandoned the usage of the app. Churn rate is often used as an indicator of the health of an app’s user base. Kochava has created an algorithm that will score the likelihood to churn within only seven days providing marketers the opportunity to mitigate churn or reengage with their retained users. Our machine learning models observe over 30 data points which can include standard post-install events, custom post-install events tracked by the advertiser, and derived/engineered features.
NOTE: By default, churn modeling is not enabled for an app. If churn modeling needs to be enabled, contact your Client Success Management team.
The Churn Score is a numeric representation of the probability that the device will churn. The Churn Score is a number that is between 0 and 1, where the closer the score is to 1 the more likely the device is to churn.
Churn Likelihoods are categories of devices based on the likelihood to churn. The groups represent four ranges of churn scores and are based on a dynamic mid-point that has been optimized for each app/model.
- Low — A group of devices that has a very low risk of churning. On average, these devices will have a churn score between 0 and 0.25.
- Medium Low — A group of devices that have a moderately low risk of churning. On average, these devices typically have a churn score between 0.25 and 0.50.
- Medium High — A group of devices that have a moderately high risk of churning. On average, these devices typically have a churn score between 0.50 and 0.75.
- High — A group of devices that have the highest likelihood of churn. On average, these devices typically have a churn score of 0.75 or higher.
Split By Network:
Expanding _PredictedChurn provides the details of the churn that occurred within the associated networks. Mousing-over the desired network and day will display the associated churn count.
A. Mouse-over the associated network and day to view the churn count.