Use Cases for Post-Install Events:
- Gather in-app purchase information that can be used for LTV (Lifetime Value) calculation.
- Create a JSON formatted string in which several data points can be tracked.
- Pass any piece of information to be paired with an event title.
Create an Event
Post-Install Events allow users to understand and correlate the relationship between attribution source information and Post-Install behavior. The following steps provide instructions for creating Events within Kochava.
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select the desired Account and App.
- Select Apps & Assets > Event Configuration.
- Click Add an Event.
- Select a Standard Event or Enter a Custom Event name.
- Click Go.
NOTE: The action of ‘Add an Event’ for your app is simply a placeholder event name for your app and will not automatically create an event in the SDK. You will still need to instrument the event in the SDK for the data to flow into the event you created. We recommend that you instrument the event in the SDK and allow Kochava to automatically provision the event for you. Please contact your Client Success Management team for more details.
Standard Event Configuration:
The following options are available for configuring Standard Events:
- Lookback (Set the lookback window for the event)
- Disable (Temporarily stop the tracking of the event)
- Not Revenue (Revenue is not associated with the event)
- Is Revenue (Revenue is associated with the event)
- Delete (Permanently remove the event)
A. Indicates Revenue Event
Event Lookback Window Settings —
- Click Event Tools (⋮) > Lookback.
- Select the desired Lookback Window:
- Default (24 Hours)
- 1 Second up to 365 Days
- Click Save.
A. Select the desired Lookback Window (1 Second up to 365 Days)
Custom Event Configuration:
The following additional options are available for configuring Custom Events:
NOTE: The standard event options are also available for Custom Events. For more information on standard event options, refer to the Standard Event Configuration section above.
- Remap (Forward all incoming data from one event to another)
- Select Standard Destination, or Select Custom Destination.
- Click Submit.
NOTE: When an event is remapped, that event will be disabled. All incoming data will be forwarded to the destination selected during the remapping process.
NOTE: Ensure that the proper naming conventions are used with the network partner when remapping an event. If improper naming conventions are used, the event may not remap properly. For more information about event naming conventions, contact the specific network partner.